Valentine’s Day Gifts aren’t usually a big thing in our family. Valentine’s is one of those minor holidays that we tend to not think about until the last minute. I usually prepare an easy, but special-to-them breakfast for the girls. I add a few decorations to our dining room and serve donuts, sugary cereal and other such items that are easy to prepare but are special because I don’t usually buy them.
But let’s face it, the past year has been rough and we could all use a little pick me up, so why not get your sweetie (or yourself) a little something special. I thought it would be fun to put together a list of last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts, many of which you can pick up and use right here in Spring Hill, Columbia, or Franklin.
One of the things I feel like I’m missing most during Covid and Social Distancing is novelty. This has been the most unexciting groundhog-like day unprecedented time ever. So I’m focusing on things and businesses that I have not tried yet but have been keeping on my list of things to check out. But I’ve included a few tried and true places as well. Let me know if you have any experiences with these businesses and what you recommend. Or if there is something you would add to the list. (Thanks to all of you who commented on my Facebook post asking for recommendations!)
Valentine’s Day Gift Basket Items
These are local businesses that have fun gift items that would be great either in a cute gift basket or alone.
- Needle & Grain in Columbia – I actually ordered Christmas ornaments from this place but haven’t been in the store yet. I’m obsessed with all the cute things they share on their Facebook Page. They have a great Valentine’s section on their website and will deliver locally (not sure if they come to Spring Hill). I want a Schitt’s Creek Coloring Book!
- Ghostlight Books in Spring Hill – This is a fairly new business here in town that I haven’t made it into yet but is at the top of my list to check out. They have books but also a lot of locally made gift items. I love all the coffee mug choices made by Jennie Lynn Designs.
- Ye Peddler – this is another shop in Columbia I’ve been meaning to check out, but you can also order from their website.
- Buff City Soaps – I had never heard of this before but someone on my Facebook page recommended it. It looks like they have a store in Columbia and it looks so fun!
- Nashville Olive Oil – lots of fun gift ideas including fancy olive oils and vinegar.
- River Bend Nursery – live plants would be a fun alternative to traditional cut flowers and would last way longer.
- Heavenly Treats 4 U – I’d never heard of this one before, but someone recommended it on my Facebook page and I am in love. It’s a Nolensville based business that creates gift baskets with items unique to Nashville.
These would be great to give as gift cards or to order for take-out on Valentine’s Day.
- Mozzarella Bar – We are not currently eating inside restaurants so I haven’t had a chance to check out this new one in Spring Hill. They are in the same building as Martin’s Spring Hill and 55 South – favorites of ours who also have a big patio to eat on when it’s warmer. I just discovered they are doing take-out now so I think this will be perfect to order for Valentine’s Day Dinner at home.
- Izzy’s Feel Good Food in Franklin – I haven’t been here yet either but it looks SOOOOO GOOOD. They also offer online ordering for take-out.
- And 3 Foods – this is a local meal prep delivery company that offers super fresh and healthy-looking meals. They have a weekly pickup scheduled in Spring Hill.
- T-op – OK this one is not new to me as it’s one of our favorite Door Dash restaurants, but it was fairly new before the pandemic started so maybe it’s new to you. You can also order directly from their website. They seem great at masking and social distancing.
- Fainting Goat Coffee – I miss hanging out in Coffee Shops. Fainting Goat offers curbside service.
House Cleaning or Organization Services
Give the gift of extra time by hiring someone else to do the cleaning or organizing. Here are a few business I’ve had eye on for these type of services.
- Nicole’s Concierge & Cleaning Services – this company offers a variety of services and I like their mission of paying a living wage, treating employees well, and giving back to the community.
- A Fresh Space – this is a Nashville based Home Organizing company and their photos make me happy.
Travel – the gift of something to look forward to
Surely this will be over soon. Please, please let it be over soon. Give your sweetie something to look forward to (other than vaccines) and plan a trip for when this is all over. Or a secluded socially distance get-away now. You can plan it yourself, or use one of the local travel agents below to help you out.
These are local companies that really offer something fun and unique.
- Sign Gypsies – you’ve probably seen their work around town. So fun.
- Best Life Balloons – I’ve been admiring their work on Instagram. This is sure to make someone smile.
The Gift of Memories
Of course it wouldn’t be my blog if I didn’t encourage you to capture and print your families special moments.
- Schedule a Session Today
- Buy a Gift Card for a Session
- Contact me about ordering a photo book of photos from a previous session (Pricing varies depending on the number of pages and other options but generally range between $125 and $175 for the 8×8 size. Other sizes are available. )